Friday, April 06, 2012

Another crazy week!


Well, last week was busy, and this one has been, too. The first two days were spent at my Oasis sister Sheri Larsen's blog. Monday was an interview that you can read HERE. Tuesday was a contest that you can see, and still enter HERE until April 17th. Rules are you have to share, either in blog comment or an email to Sheri, a 250 word piece about a time you, or a character, was broken. First prize is a critique by me of your first five pages, query letter, or synopsis, plus a book tote sewn by me. Second prize is a copy of BROKEN after its release, or your choice of a book from The Book Depository.

Writing wise, I've been clawing up a summary, and then synopsis for the new WIP. Pictures of inspiration for this book can be seen HERE. Do me a favor, go and look, then come back and tell me what you think the book is about! The synopsis has been submitted to my fantabulous editor Amanda Rutter at Strange Chemistry, so yep, you guessed it, I'm compulsively checking my email inbox, even though I know it's a holiday weekend.

In other news, Strange Chemistry welcomed two new authors to the fold this week, Laura Lam and her book PANTOMIME, and Julianna Scott and her first book in her Holder series. You can check out the blurby and authory goodness HERE.


2 comments:

Katy Upperman said...

I've been following along with your WiP pins on Pinterest and I've been all kinds of curious. I'm guessing this one's about a drowning that could have been avoided if your protagonist had been more mindful of the time... OR she wants to travel back in time to save her love from drowning. Just guesses, of course. :) Regardless, the images are beautiful, and I'm intrigued!

AE Rought said...

Good guesses, Katy! You have one element right ~_^