Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Nancy and I are actually working together on a *gasp* non-fiction project. It's a pretty cool idea, and one that my agent likes. She already has a publishing house (which she sells buttloads of books to) in mind for it. As things progess, I will update y'all here.
I sold a short story under my penname to The Wild Rose Press's Scarlet Rosette line. In other words, it's a hot and naughty little diddy. :) And, I am working on a super secret project for Aphrodite's Apples.
Past that, I'm kind of in a rewrite mode, with two different stories going through revisions. And, the sequel to Nuermar's Last Witch is in the works, working title of Nuermar's Only Guardian. It will follow the life of Jartis, Maelis's son. I'm also taken one of my penname's stories over as my own, and changing the title to boot. It's a dark dark (repeated on purpose) paranormal about a werewolf who is a real bitch.
Otherwise, it's hot and humid here. If you know me personally, then you know Summer is NOT my favorite season. Give me Fall! Crisp autumn air. Colored leaves. Sweatshirts and jeans. Hot cocoa. And kids in school!!!
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Friday, June 01, 2007
Four Samhain authors challenge you to sail the high seas in search of sexy pirates! Your reward? Pieces of eight?
A Samhain Gift Certificate for $20 * A copy of one book from each author * A treasure made by hand from each of the authors—a necklace, a bracelet, a book thong, and a candle!
Your First Mates:
AE Rought, Ciar Cullen, Ingela Hyatt, and Ann Cory
Find the sexy pirates (hint: they look a lot like Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom for some reason)
Find the treasure chest
BONUS HINT: Don’t forget Myspace and Livejournal pages linked at each site!
How to Win!
Visit each of the links above and look for the treasure chest. Then find two sexy pirates at each site in addition to the treasure chest. Jot down where you found the pirates and the treasure chest, and email your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to tell us the title of the book where you found the treasure, or if it was on the homepage or blog of the author. Simply tell us the author’s name isn’t good enough. You’ll walk the plank for that!
CONTEST RUNS THROUGH JUNE! Don’t give up, if you have questions, email email@example.com!
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Tuesday, May 08, 2007
Monday, April 30, 2007
Monday, March 05, 2007
In celebration of Nuermar's Last Witch 's print release this month, I am running a big contest all month long. There are THREE PRIZES!!
1. An e-book of Nuermar's Last Witch, the novel reviewers are calling "a spellbinding fantasy," "an action packed adventure," and was nominated for Ecataromance's Reviewer's Choice Award.
2. A ruby and clear czech fire-polished glass bead necklace. 3. For the one who answers the trivia question correctly, Colly of Skinsations Soap and Bath Products made a goody basket! Included is a vanilla candle to set the mood, two lovely glycerin soaps of Amber Vanilla, and a bottle of Rapture scented body lotion!!
The contest will be open all month, but there is only one way to enter:
1. Email me at AERought@gmail.com
2. put MARCH CONTEST in the subject line
3. in the body of the email put either
· BOOK, or
· TRIVIA (only for the goody basket)
The trivia question is:
Which monk who first greets Maelis and Joran inside the monastery?
(Please do not answer the trivia question here.)
To keep up with me, you can join DarkInk and set your email settings to Special Announcements, because I will be sending out my newsletters that way.
*onerous groan* Someone smack me, please. I've screwed up again. :( Seems I was supposed to post the needed excerpt in which the answer to my trivia question can be found. So, to keep things legal, you can find the need info in the most recent post to my LJ.
Slinking off to my cave...
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Once I 'd recuperated, I busted ass to get a short story done to submit for a summer collection. (It was rejected, btw) Then, I got last minute galley edits. Since then, I've been victim to the fangs and fur of my darker muse.
So…to the point of this post. I was tagged. Two different Samhain authors tagged me with the same tag.
Books available at:
Books available at:
And the tag that they tagged me with is:
Five crazy things you don't know about me
1. I sleep with a stuffed animal. Current favourite is my Build-a-Bear orange tabby cat.
2. I am a tea-holic. Morning Thunder from Celestial Seasonings—I take it everywhere: MIL's, fancy hotels in Chicago and Washington D.C., the hospital after surgery. EVERYWHERE.
3. I am terribly compulsive; especially about writing. I can get withdrawn, and seem to disappear for long stretches.
4. I used to work as a waitress in a bar, and occasionally filled in as a bouncer, especially if there were females involved.
5. I'm not as out going and self-confident as people think I am.
Okay, so they're not that "crazy" but, it's the best I can do for now. :)
Saturday, January 13, 2007
But, now to the winners... Everyone, let's congratulate Y, she's been trying since I started the contests, and she's finally won!!
Yolanda get's the necklace!
And Jackie Wisherd, who followed the links for a Fallen Angel's Review chat wins a copy of Nuermar's Last Witch!!
Congratulations to my winners!!